The following workshops will be organised in parallel to SETN 2020:
- Artificial Intelligence, Ethics and Law
- Games and AI: Technological, Cultural and Societal aspects
- AI for Fashion
- AI in Natural Sciences and Technology
- Artificial Intelligence of Things at the core of Secure, Connected and/or Dependable CPS
- Lilian Mitrou, Professor, Aegean University
- Ion Androutsopoulos, Professor, Athens University of Economic and Business
- Spiros Tassis, Chairman, Hellenic Association of Data Protection & Privacy
This special event is concerned about the legal implications of developing and using AI systems in practice. In particular, it will focus on a range of legal issues concerning AI, such as explainability, IP rights and liability. Overall, this special event aims at presenting a comprehensive overview of the legal framework on AI as well as potential applications of AI in our legal system. It is expected to attract the interest of the SETN 2020 attendants.
Workshop Home: https://altws.mashup.gr/
- Will be announced soon.
The aim of this workshop is to activate and empower the – already emerging – community of game designers, developers, researchers and players by highlighting the role of AI in this
gigantic and important ecosystem. The workshop also reflects the interaction of these disciplines as an integral part of the culture and society, identifying challenges and opportunities
in the intersection between all these domains of knowledge. As such, the workshop is expected to be an interdisciplinary meeting place of research and innovation related to games and AI.
Workshop Home: https://games-and-ai.scify.org/
- Evridiki Papachristou, Assistant Professor, International Hellenic University
- Nikolaos Bilalis, Professor, Technical University of Crete
Even though AI has been around for several years now, the technologies that are currently being applied to fashion are still in their early days. The goal of this workshop is to gather people from academia, industry, and startups working at the intersection of fashion and data mining and knowledge discovery, to investigate incorporation of AI technology in the fashion domain. This 1st installment of the workshop can become, in the future, the premier venue for presenting works that are solving problems related to fashion using artificial intelligence, machine learning and data mining.
Workshop Home: http://cdc.ihu.gr/ai4fashion/
- George Giannakopoulos, NCSR “Demokritos” and SciFY PNPC, Greece
- Vassilios Constantoudis, Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, NCSR “Demokritos”, Greece
- Niki Vergadou, Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, NCSR “Demokritos”, Greece
- Panagiotis Dimitrakis, Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, NCSR “Demokritos”, Greece
- Stelios Karozis, NCSR “Demokritos”, Greece
The intension of this interdisciplinary workshop on AI and natural sciences and technology is to bring together practitioners from both AI and a wide range of scientific and engineering disciplines to cross-fertilize research, algorithms, tools, and novel application areas. To this end, the workshop aims at activating and empowering the – already emerging – community of natural scientists and engineers on the key role of implementing AI to a plethora of cutting-edge scientific domains and industrial processes, as well as AI researchers that understand the idiosyncrasies and challenges of applying AI methods in the area of natural sciences and engineering.
Workshop Home: https://ainst.scify.org/
- Dr. Aris Lalos, Principal Researcher, Industrial Systems Institute, ATHENA R.C.
- Dr. Dimitrios Kalles, Associate Professor, Hellenic Open University
- Dr. Athanasios Kalogeras, Research Director, Industrial Systems Institute, ATHENA R.C.
The application of Artificial Intelligence in IoT and CPS created a new generation of smart devices, more efficient, with augmented capabilities in areas like task optimization, automation and dependability, able to adjust to unknown inputs. These advances have revolutionized a large number of industry sectors such as agri-food, transportation, smart cities, manufacturing and healthcare. The aim of this workshop is to bring together researchers, engineers and practitioners from different fields in industry and academia interested in key areas of Artificial Intelligence of Things in Cyber-Physical Systems. The workshop will provide a platform to share and exchange ideas, research results and experiences in the fields of AIoT and CPS.