The 11th Hellenic Conference on Artificial Intelligence (SETN 2020) will be held in Athens, Greece 2-4 of September, 2020. SETN 2020 is organised by the Hellenic Artificial Intelligence Society (EETN) in collaboration with the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications of NCSR “Demokritos”, the Department of Informatics of the Athens University of Economics and Business, the Department of Informatics and Telematics of the Harokopio University of Athens, the Department of Informatics and Computer Engineering of the University of West Attica.
The Artificial Intelligence Conference of the Hellenic AI Society (called SETN) was established in 1996 and since 2002 is organised bi-annual. It is one of the most prominent forums for Greek and International AI scientists to present original and high-quality theoretical and applications research in AI. The official language of SETN is English and international participation is highly encouraged.
Scope of Research Track
The conference invites high quality submissions describing work in any area of Artificial Intelligence, from fundamental theoretical work to applied technologies. The conference aims to:
- bring together AI researchers, to promote knowledge dissemination and collaborations,
- inform students about the current state of the art in topics related to AI,
- promote research results to companies and facilitate the development of innovative products.
The Research Track is intended for papers presenting unpublished, substantial, novel research in ANY topic of AI either Theoretical or Applied area as follows:
Topics in Theoretical AI Research & Technology areas, but not limited to, could concern:
- Explainable AI
- Verifiable AI
- Physical AI
- Integrative AI
- Collaborative AI
- Algorithm selection
- Computational logic
- Computer vision
- Constraints and SAT
- Decision support systems
- Heuristic search and game playing
- Knowledge representation and reasoning
- Machine learning (deep learning, reinforcement learning, etc)
- Multi-agent systems
- Planning and scheduling
- Speech and signal processing
- Natural language and dialogue processing
- Probabilistic models
Topics in AI Applied Research, but not limited to, could concern:
- AI for agricultural
- AI in health
- AI for citizen services and education
- AI for robotics
- AI for industry and manufacturing
- AI in autonomous driving and mobility
- AI for art and music
- AI for environment and sustainability
- AI for IoT
- AI for cybersecurity
- AI for telecommunication
- AI for finance and insurance
- AI for law
- AI in retail and ecommerce
- AI in software engineering
- AI in Human Resources
- Trusted and privacy preserving AI
- AI for Ambient Intelligence
- AI and games
- AI, media and the public sphere
- AI and decision making
- Cross-disciplinary application of AI
Paper Submission – Proceedings
All paper submissions will be handled electronically via the Easychair conference management system at the following address: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=setn2020
All the accepted Research Track papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings, which will be published by ACM (International Conference Proceedings Series) and be available through the ACM Digital Library (approval pending). Extended versions of selected high-quality Research Track papers will be considered for possible publication in a special issue of an AI Journal.
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed on the basis of technical quality, relevance to the topics of the conference, originality, significance, and clarity. The review process for the Research Track papers will be double-blind, hence authors should take care not to reveal their identities.
In order to prepare their manuscripts, authors of both tracks should follow the ACM SIG Proceedings guidelines, available at http://www.acm.org/publications/article-templates/proceedings-template.html
SETN 2020 accepts submissions of two types:
- full papers (6-10 pages)
- short papers (2-4 pages).
Submitting a paper to the conference means that in case of acceptance, at least one author is required to fully register as “Author” for the conference in order for the paper to be included in the proceedings. Moreover, it is expected that at least one author will attend the conference to present the paper.
All accepted full papers will be presented in an oral presentation session, whereas for short papers there will be a pitching session where authors can give a very short flash presentation that highlights what their poster is about and why it will be great one to come and get more information about it.
In SETN 2020 the following awards are foreseen and will be presented at a special session during the conference.
- Best Research Track Paper Award
- Best Student Research Track Paper Award (for Research Track papers whose first author is a student)
- Paper Submission Deadline (both tracks, both short/long): June 7, 2020
- Author Notification: July 4, 2020
- Camera Ready Paper Submission Deadline: July 27, 2020 – Updated
- Conference Dates: September 2-4, 2020